Bamboo vs. Jenkins: Which CI/CD Tool to Choose and Why?
Bamboo and Jenkins are top-rated continuous integration (CI) automation tools. They both speed up the DevOps process and make the operations seamless and efficient.
When it comes to the selection of the right CI tool tailored to your specific business needs, it is a bit tedious. Why? The reason being the availability of a range of automation tools. Let us take the opportunity to make this easy for you. This blog post covers both the benefits and comparison of Bamboo and Jenkins. Keep reading to find out the basics and the best.
What is Bamboo?
Bamboo is a continuous integration (CI) tool that automates the software application release cycle and provides continuous delivery (CD) pipeline.
- It provides end-to-end visibility over the entire software development life cycle.
- It is an Atlassian product and easily integrates with tools like Jira Software, Fisheye, and Bitbucket.
Benefits of Bamboo
What is Jenkins?
Jenkins is a popular, open-source, java-based CI/CD tool. Jenkins facilitates the automation process and enables the development team to focus on continuous delivery.
- It can support over 1400+ plugins for other software tools.
- It is a server-based system that runs in a servlet (a java program that runs in a web server) containers.
Benefits of Jenkins
Now that you have a basic understanding of these robust CI/CD tools. Let’s see how they vary from one another and also let’s discover the best one.
Comparison: Bamboo vs. Jenkins
Choose Bamboo When:
- You are using Bitbucket and JIRA
- You want to utilize the branches safely using the CI solution
Choose Jenkins When:
- You want maximum functionality and global support C
- Budget-friendly, open-source and popular CI solution is the must-have parameters for you
Well, the winner of the ‘Best CI/CD Tool’ is a ‘Tie’. Both Bamboo and Jenkins are the prominent tools in the DevOps cycle. To choose one, you must consider your business and DevOps requirements along with the following aspects:
- The kind of management and support the tool offers.
- UI and Integration Support.
- Type of systems. (for example, standalone or large software systems)
Successive Digital offers robust and flexible DevOps solutions that ensure agile delivery for software-driven innovation. We create strategic and client-focused solutions that deliver higher efficiency, faster time to market, and data-driven business results. Contact us to get started with your DevOps Journey.