Summary: DevOps has enabled enterprises to design and improve products quickly. Undoubtedly, DevOps and cloud computing will be ruling in 2021 and beyond. In this blog, we’ll be discussing some fantastic DevOps trends for technical executives that will upskill their skill set, and proficiency in software development approaches.
With the growing digital experiences and solutions, especially during the pandemic, technologies like AI, IoT, ML, Cloud, and DevOps solutions have shown immense potential. They were entirely responsible for developing and deploying rapid innovation.
As we en route towards 2021, DevOps infrastructure is gearing up to accelerate the pace of innovation and digitization with its 3 most promising trends. These trends will be:
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
These trends might sound like just another tech jargon term to some. But, for tech executives, it holds tremendous potential in enhancing productivity and user experiences. Let’s look at the DevOps trends we need to be ready for in 2021:
Trend 1: Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- IaC is a scalable, reliable, and secure solution for both your consumers and IT teams.
- It enables DevOps teams to test applications in a production-like environment early in SDLC.
- This trend will empower enterprises to automate and simplify their infrastructure at a faster pace.
- IaC delivers a ‘Straightforward Infrastructure Version Control System.’ This system enables teams to ‘undo the last worked configuration’ in case of any catastrophic event.
Key Benefits of IaC
- Rapid Recovery
- Reduced Downtime
- Consistent Configuration
Trend 2: Kubernetes
- Kubernetes (K8s) is an open-source container orchestration platform.
- It has become an Enterprise Standard for handling the delivery of software applications.
- K8s helps enterprises redesign applications for the cloud by a ‘Container-based Microservices Solutions.’ Microservices improve flexibility, fault isolation, and discards technology lock-ins.
- It helps DevOps teams automate, scale, and build resiliency into their applications while decreasing the infrastructure burden.
Key Benefits of Kubernetes
- Steep Learning Curve
- Improves Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Supports Multiple Frameworks
- Offers Scalability
Trend 3: GitOps
- GitOps is a gradually emerging technology and hence the least mature. It is a method of doing Kubernetes cluster management and application delivery.
- GitOps replaces the standard DevOps workflow and its pattern of steps with a GIT (source code) repository.
- The key to an effective GitOps is to use GIT as a single source of truth for declarative infrastructure and applications.
- With GIT as the ‘Center of Delivery Pipelines, developers use similar tools to make pull requests to simplify both app deployment and Ops tasks to Kubernetes.
Key Benefits of GitOps
- Enhanced Developer Experience
- Consistency and Standardization
- Stronger Security Guidelines
- Higher Reliability
DevOps is a growing industry, and it has become a popular name in the IT world. DevOps, since its inception, has led to modern trends and approaches every year with new priorities and visions. We hope this article has helped you gain better insights into the upcoming trends in cloud computing and DevOps services.
Looking for reliable DevOps services and trusted Cloud partners? Successive Technologies is there to assist you in business consulting, solution design, and system implementation. We offer DevOps, AWS, Azure, Cloud Infrastructure Implementation, and Cloud Infrastructure Operation services that help in faster deployment cycles, improved productivity, and better user experiences. Contact us to get started with your DevOps journey.